Product Manager, Authorization & Roles
- San Francisco, CA
Product managers at Asana drive Asana's product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration.
We're defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You'll work directly with Engineering, Design, User Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great product. You'll take part in every type of product work here: from strategy to product to process improvements, conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for an experienced product manager within one of our most rapidly growing areas at Asana: Scale. These critical teams are responsible for ensuring Asana is rolled out and adopted by the world's largest companies. You are someone who wants to think about what makes collaboration work when there are thousands of employees using our product, and their interconnected work is coming together on our platform. You reject the idea that enterprise software has to be complex, hard to use, and are excited about being at the forefront of the new wave of consumer-like experiences in enterprise.
The Authorization & Roles product manager will think about this through the lens of User Roles: how would having differentiated user access encourage usage at big organizations? How do roles impact each user’s experience, and their team’s experience? What kind of access or licensing structures encourage the most successful deployments of Asana?
What you’ll achieve
- Be a key leader in driving the adoption of Asana at enterprise-level customers, including Fortune 10 companies.
- Define and deliver a compelling vision and roadmap based on customer needs, strategic opportunities, and user research
- Partner with Engineering and Design peers to execute on the plan, prioritizing customer value and clearly articulate what’s needed so your team can focus and execute quickly.
- Address highest priority needs of our customers, in the fastest growing part of our product and business organizations.
- Mentor new PMs and share best practices with the product team
- Have a lot of fun along the way.
- 5+ years professional experience managing software products from inception through launch and iteration
- Strategic: inspires the company by creating bold, game-changing ideas and delivering them across a set of customer problems
- Get Stuff Done: creates, flexes, and evangelizes a roadmap. Thoughtfully breaks down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- Customer centric: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
- Communication and collaboration: co-creates with teammates to deliver high-quality results. Speaks and writes with clarity
- Grow Team Asana: mentors others. Creates great team morale. Shares best practices.
- Growth Mindset: leads with curiosity, open to feedback
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top