Engineering Generalist San Francisco, CA
- If you are currently in school and looking for a new graduate engineering position, please check back in August 2017.
As a Software Engineer, you'll be building Asana's features end-to-end, from designing their data models to implementing the subtle interaction behaviors that differentiate good software and great software. Working closely with seasoned UI designers and supported by a world-class software-infrastructure team, you can focus on delighting users with both large new features and (thanks to our continuous deployment architecture) daily small product enhancements.
The craftsmanship of product development is deep in Asana's soul. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in. Both founders are engineers and still write product code, and Asana will remain a product/technology-focused company.
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, down to those little details that matter
- Sound judgment for balancing between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Deep knowledge of Web technologies
- Have built a personal productivity tool before out of fun and/or frustration
- Derive joy from abstracting and refactoring
- Strong background in computer science
- Knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, browser side, or for desktop software)
- Could convert a mock to HTML/CSS prototype in your sleep
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong
- An appetite for data: analyzing metrics and designing A/B tests to help drive the company's decisions
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Michael works directly with customers to help them successfully implement Asana and to think strategically about using the software to target their specific workflow management needs.
Back to top