As a Software Engineer, you'll be building Asana's features end-to-end, from designing their data models to implementing the subtle interaction behaviors that differentiate good software and great software. Working closely with seasoned UI designers and supported by a world-class software-infrastructure team, you can focus on delighting users with both large new features and (thanks to our continuous deployment architecture) daily small product enhancements.
The craftsmanship of product development is deep in Asana's soul. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in. Both founders are engineers and still write product code, and Asana will remain a product/technology-focused company.
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, down to those little details that matter
- Sound judgment for balancing between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Deep knowledge of Web technologies
- Have built a personal productivity tool before out of fun and/or frustration
- Derive joy from abstracting and refactoring
- Strong background in computer science
- Knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, browser side, or for desktop software)
- Could convert a mock to HTML/CSS prototype in your sleep
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong
- An appetite for data: analyzing metrics and designing A/B tests to help drive the company's decisions
For the next several months (Q4 2017 - Q1 2018), we're seeking new engineering teammates with 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we'd love to see what you might add to our team.
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Lifecycle Marketing Lead
Reigan is responsible for creating a customer journey and life cycle that feels cohesive and consistent—and provides value to the customer, from beginning to end.
Back to top