Product Designer, Mobile
- San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for people who are driven by collaborative and creative environments to develop simple, innovative, and beautifully designed products that customers love to use.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will play a key role in a small team of Product Designers owning core product development, from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
What you’ll achieve
- Own the end-to-end design process of new iOS and Android features and iterations of an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Work through product problems from opportunity and definition to shipping features to our customers
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for the mobile program team, as a key contributor to defining a future vision, goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments
- Influence the direction of your program by identifying and defining new feature opportunities that are mobile-first, or unique to our mobile apps
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to use design – thinking in terms of systems, not just screens
- Contribute new mobile patterns to our mobile design system, and pair with other designers to mentor them on how to use these patterns
- Partner with multiple program teams across Asana to build out mobile features that compliment our web product
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate product directions
- Participate in design critique and present work regularly in product leadership feedback meetings
- Partner closely with our UX Research team, PM, and engineers as you build and ship solutions
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
- 4+ years relevant design experience at a high tech, product-driven company
- Passionate about designing mobile apps; you have a track record of shipping beautiful visual designs and intuitive experiences on both iOS and Android
- Excited about collaborating and building relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Marketing, UXR, and Product Management
- Possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from discovery and problem definition to detailed UX and visual design
- Clearly communicate design work with solid rationale informed by research and data
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using Sketch and Figma
- Able to maintain consistency by following, contributing to, and maintaining a mobile design system
- Strong aptitude for building prototypes at various fidelity and mocking up animations and micro-interactions using your tool of choice
- Enjoy collaborating with other designers, and helping them adopt mobile best practices
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top