We’re looking for a driven and creative Product Designer to join our team and help turn our mission into a reality by designing the end-to-end experience for Asana users. We're a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. This includes starting from first principles to define a problem, through generative ideas and directions, to detailed iterations of interaction design. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
Asana is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is still small but growing thoughtfully with just over 300 people. You'll be working on a meaningful mission alongside some of the best talent from Google, Facebook, Atlassian, Dropbox, Airbnb, and many others. You'll help foster a decentralized decision making culture where everyone is encouraged to speak up on critical decisions and get involved in the entire product process, from concept (be it at a hackathon or during Roadmap Week) to post-launch reflection.
What you'll be doing
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for your program
- Thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens
- Acting as a leader and self-starter within the Product Design team
- Work through product problems from definition and opportunity to shipping features to our customers
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, sometimes with customers, to validate product directions
- Participate in design critique and product leadership feedback meetings
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship ideas
What skills you'll need
- Experience designing digital apps and systems. You have helped ship products before, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
- Clearly communicates design work with solid rationale backed up with research and data
- A self starter who collaborates with designers, engineers, PM, marketing and other teams in the company
- An understanding of the product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UI and visual design
- Can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using Sketch, Figma, etc
- Can understand and follow a design system, challenge and contribute to it when necessary
- The ability to create prototypes at various fidelity using tools like Framer, Flinto, Keynote, InVision, HTML/CSS/JS, etc
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Sonja’s responsible for ensuring that Asana is recruiting top-quality applicants who come from underrepresented backgrounds in tech, building an inclusive culture, and helping employees thrive.
Back to top