Product Design Manager, Pillar Lead
We’re looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to join our design leadership team and help shape not just a key product pillar, but our people and the ways we design and build. Design managers at Asana help their teams focus on the user and make sure we’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. We coach our teams through our process to ensure they create great results (and love doing it).
The design team at Asana is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. This includes starting from first principles to define a problem, through generative ideas and directions, to detailed iterations of interaction design. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
Asana is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is still small but growing thoughtfully with just over 300 people. You'll be working on a meaningful mission alongside some of the best talent from Google, Facebook, Atlassian, Dropbox, Airbnb, and many others. You'll help foster a decentralized decision making culture where everyone is encouraged to speak up on critical decisions and get involved in the entire product process, from concept to post-launch reflection.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a team of designers by mentoring and creating growth opportunities for designers on your team
- Partnering with pillar lead peers in PM and engineering to define pillar goals, objectives, roadmap, and processes to ensure projects are well defined and high impact
- Coaching teams across the pillar to successfully navigate the product development process
- Ensuring team members are creating high quality work that delights our customers and meets company objectives
- Collaborating with design leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Partnering with the head of design and recruiting to expand our team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
What skills you’ll need
- Seasoned design manager that’s led teams of designers in a fast-growing environment
- Strong product design sense that allows you to move from high-level strategic conversation to nitty gritty details easily and clearly
- Helped develop tools and process that support a strong design system at scale
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team and Asana as a whole
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- Experience leading product design efforts in B2B/SaaS space a huge plus
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Sonja’s responsible for ensuring that Asana is recruiting top-quality applicants who come from underrepresented backgrounds in tech, building an inclusive culture, and helping employees thrive.
Back to top