People Operations Generalist (Contract)
Our People Operations Generalist is going on maternity leave, so we are looking for an experienced and customer-centric People Ops team member who is passionate about providing excellent service to our amazing employees. This is a temporary role for 5-6 months beginning in December 2016 or January 2017.
The People Ops Team provides support for every employee at Asana, from building and maintaining a comfortable space, supplying the best possible equipment to optimize their efficiency, and supporting their personal and professional growth while our company grows. Everything the People Ops Team does is in support of our values and commitment to empowering employees to thrive both professionally and personally.
We are looking for someone to help us continue to build and scale People Ops in a way that will support our company’s continued growth. As a People Ops Generalist, you will be on the front line, supporting employees, responding to inquiries, and handling administrative questions. You will partner with other members of the People Ops team to execute and support our programs and processes in order to continue delivering an unparalleled employee experience.
- Run our high-touch onboarding program and processes for all new hires
- Handle inbound employee inquiries on benefits, payroll, 401k, immigration, and more
- Manage and coordinate our various leave programs
- Manage and maintain employee records through our HRIS
- Organize, audit, and maintain employee files and administer I-9 records
- Document and administer company policies
- Partner with our payroll team to document and coordinate pay-related changes
- Support our compensation program by maintaining our compensation survey tool and administering processes during our comp review cycles
- Manage immigration, including all immigration matters and liaison between employees and external immigration counsel
- Coordinate activities to support the entire employee life-cycle, including offboarding
- 3+ years’ experience in “full-service” people operations/human resources role
- Experience with an HRIS system
- Knowledgeable about leave as well as general labor and immigration laws
- Ability to manage and coordinate external partners for back-end support, such as our benefits brokers and immigration attorneys
- Excellent problem solving abilities and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and customer service with a demonstrated ability to drive results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines
- Open to having this indivdual work part-time (30 hours per week)
Back to top