Mid-Market, Solutions Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
You will play a critical role in helping our prospects understand the value of Asana. Through your deep product knowledge, expertise in how companies use and deploy SaaS applications, and technical objection handling in customer interactions, you’ll support our Sales team and ensure they constantly move towards a close.
We’re looking for someone who will make it their mission to streamline every part of Asana’s sales process and be the primary customer-facing voice of our Product and Engineering teams in their region. As a key voice of the customer back to the Product team, you will identify and help overcome technical, educational, and competitive obstacles to our continued growth.
What You’ll Achieve
- Your work will directly impact the vision of the product
- Provide technical expertise to help the customer achieve great things
- Help to strategize various opportunities
- Position Asana solution within the market space
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor for colleagues and customers
- A storyteller who is comfortable presenting a company and product to anyone in any setting.
- A deep technical curiosity for how IT systems work in a business context
- An instinctual recognition of organizational and financial dynamics in companies of all sizes.
- Someone who can work with marketing, business, and product teams to find efficient paths to successful “lead → customer” transitions and long-term, successful partnerships.
- The right balance of advocacy for the user and for Asana in all situations.
- 2+ years in a Sales Engineering role in a SaaS environment.
- Experience responding to technical questions and security requirements from customers.
- Proficiency presenting from Decks, Product Demonstrations, and White Boards.
- Demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity in a high growth environment
- Understanding of JSON and RESTful APIs
- •Familiarity with BI tools and deep knowledge of a SAAS ecosystem
- Able to identify solutions to technical customer obstacles creatively and quickly
- Exceptional cross-functional leader and collaborator
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top