We’re looking for a detail-oriented, curious, and analytical leader to help us achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will join a world-class Accounting and Finance team, and will be involved in all general areas of accounting and assisting in multiple ad hoc projects - month-end close, audit, ensuring accuracy with multiple finance system integrations, as well as other fun accounting challenges!
You have exceptional communication skills and are not afraid to speak up. You are a process improver that can easily pick up the high level business goals and apply them to the accounting operations.
- Own our month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes
- Implement process efficiencies to reduce the time to close and own the monthly/quarterly/annual flux presentations to finance organization
- Partner x-functionally in order to make improvements across all accounting process (automating reconciliations, reporting, preparing and reviewing accounting transactions)
- Be a key stakeholder in implementing SOX across various accounting processes
- Prepare and review support to be provided to external audit team
- Able to identify pain points and escalate accordingly, while able to articulate potential solutions
- Review payroll reconciliations, expense accruals, deferred rent, and other accounts as part of month-end close
- Preparation of capitalized software calculation on a monthly basis
- Deep understanding of GAAP and how to apply accounting rules across various processes and systems
- Mentor the team in implementing best in class processes and coach team members for success
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- 8+ years experience in accounting operations with at least 2 years of people management experience
- Strong experience with large ERP systems (Netsuite preferred)
- Comfortability with implementing new processes and systems
- CPA active
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top