Lead Product Designer, Revenue Growth
- Vancouver, Canada
We’re looking for people who are driven by collaborative and creative environments to develop simple, innovative, and beautifully designed products that customers love to use. You’ll be joining our Adoption team, helping to maximize the value of Asana for each customer.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will be a big part of a small team of Product Designers owning core developments of the product, from inception to post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 190 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. We’re looking for an experienced product designer to join the Adoption Pillar, focusing on the Revenue Growth area. As a senior member of the Product Design team, you will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly. You will be the primary design mentor and leader for the Vancouver team.
Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team. We're looking for outstanding people to help us innovate and scale as we build out our new development center in Vancouver.
What you’ll achieve
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of major features and iterations of an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Be the lead designer for the Revenue Growth team, and subject matter expert on these surfaces within the larger Product Design team
- Work through product problems from definition and opportunity to shipping features to our customers
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for your program team, as a key contributor to defining your program’s goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments
- Influence the direction of your program by identifying and defining new feature opportunities
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to use design, thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, and connect regularly with customers, to validate product directions
- Participate in design critique and present work regularly in product leadership feedback meetings
- Partner closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Mentor a team of world class Product Designers
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
- 6+ years relevant design experience at a high tech, product-driven company
- Experience designing digital apps and systems; you have built product solutions from scratch and iterated on existing solutions
- Track record of innovating on new design patterns and features, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
- Clearly communicate design work with solid rationale that uses research and data
- A driven self starter, experienced in taking ownership of the direction of ambiguous projects. Excited about collaborating and building relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Marketing, UXR, and Product Management
- Possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition to detailed UX and visual design
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using Figma and other tools.
- Able to understand and follow a design system, and challenge and contribute to it when necessary
- Strong aptitude for building prototypes at various fidelity using tools like Framer, Flinto, Keynote, InVision, or HTML/CSS/JS
- Enjoy mentoring more junior team members, and leading by example to help other designers adopt best practices
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top