Lead Integrations Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an Integrations Lead Engineer with experience as a technical lead for a team and/or programs. You should have expertise with Enterprise System Integrations and Business Process Automation to oversee the team who will be building the mapping, design, documentation and implementation of various system integrations.
The Business Technology team at Asana acts as the engine to the business team; up-leveling our business partners by delivering secure, scalable, and efficient systems, processes, data and insights that help Asana achieve its mission. As Integrations Technical Lead, you will be leading medium to large complex initiatives with a team of engineers. This role will be extremely cross-functional, working closely with all departments of the company like Sales, Marketing, Finance, Data Engineering, and Product. The Integration team’s mission is to accelerate the business by connecting systems and data seamlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Oversee the team’s responsibility for architecting and designing, vetting, developing integrations between complex systems and/or integrations between existing solutions
- Work with your manager and across Business Technology to define the long-term strategy of the Integrations team
- Partner with your manager and other team leads to prioritize work for the team based on requirements and build out roadmaps and sprints using agile best practices
- Ensure that the team’s toolstack are the best-in-class and are kept informed on the newest trends of integrations
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, operation managers, and other BT team leads as it pertains to business processes and integrations
- Mentor and guide the engineers on the team around integration best practices and patterns, software engineering architecture principles, and concepts
- Ensure creation of accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
- Implement and uphold data security processes and methods for the team
- 3+ years of experience as a technical lead or an architect on an integrations team
- 6+ years of experience in designing and building integration solutions
- A BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Enterprise IPAAS platforms: Snaplogic, Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, etc. (we use Snaplogic!)
- Experience in building integrations with REST and SOAP API, JMS, file, SFTP, DB, Email, custom code
- Experience in building integration solutions with various enterprise cloud applications like Salesforce, Marketo, AWS, NetSuite
- Experience with CI/CD and establishing process around code deployment
- Hands-on experience in building solutions with cloud data storages like AWS S3, Redshift, or Snowflake
- Clear understanding of Integration design patterns and the advantages of implementing them in a complex ecosystem
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top