Lead Content Strategist, Product
- San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for people who are driven by collaborative and creative environments to develop simple, innovative, and beautifully designed products that customers love to use.
In this role, you will play a key role in both high-level strategy and hands-on writing and editing for product. You will manage and help create content, continually improve that content, and evolve our product voice and content standards. You’ll collaborate with creative and technical teams to deliver clear, empathetic, engaging content experiences that are customer-focused and align to strategic business objectives.
As the Product team’s first Content Strategist, you'll have the opportunity to help lead and define the future of content strategy at Asana. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience, and will help shape the product experience by creating useful, meaningful experiences.
Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will shape the content of experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Own the end-to-end experience of content in an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Plan, write, edit, and improve content in Asana
- Partner closely with Designers, Product Managers, User Researchers, product marketers, and engineers as they build and ship solutions
- Offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, influencing strategic decisions across product to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency
- Work across teams to drive consensus and advocate for solutions that balance the needs of our users with our business goals
- Maintain and evolve voice and tone guidelines and help evangelize our practice across the company
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to understand design solutions
- Generate multiple ideas quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate directions
- Participate in design critique and present work in product leadership feedback meetings
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
- 6+ years of editorial and/or UX writing experience at a high tech, product-driven company with a global user base
- 2+ years of experience managing Content Strategy/UX writing teams
- Experience with SaaS products
- Partners closely with UXR to conduct quantitative experiments and qualitative user studies to create the most effective content for our users
- Promotes content strategy in the broader community of design and content professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation writing, and delivery skills
- Driven self-starter with excellent organizational skills who can drive content projects from start to finish
- Ability to achieve consistency by following, maintaining, and evolving content standards
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Expertise in UX writing for digital products: microcopy, user education, new features, and product launch content
- Information architecture or navigation experience
- Experience overseeing Voice and Tone guidelines for web and mobile applications
- Ability to present and sell your ideas, create coalition, and build support
- Creative problem-solver who can lead large content efforts coupled with the capability to juggle and prioritize many projects simultaneously
- Enjoy mentoring more junior team members, and leading by example to help others adopt best practices
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top