Japan Field Marketing Manager (Lead Generation)
- Tokyo, Japan
As Japan Field Marketing Manager you will be responsible for supporting the demand generation efforts of the Japan team at Asana. You will work with the team and stakeholders across the business to help create and execute targeted marketing campaigns and events to ensure pipeline goals are met.
Based in our Tokyo office, this role will work closely with the Japan Marketing Lead and liaise with our marketing teams in San Francisco.
Proven experience in various marketing functions, including demand gen, regional event planning and execution, as well as online and offline marketing, is required. You need the ability to craft an effective marketing plan and execute on that plan with actionable results.
This is a unique opportunity to join a world-class Marketing team as we grow our footprint across Japan and scale globally.
The Japan marketing team is focused on driving growth and building a brand that customers love. We focus not only on acquiring users, but also on creating local content and campaigns that nurture existing teams and drive them to upgrade. Our team is growing rapidly, and includes team members focused on product marketing, content creation, partnerships, ads, and lifecycle marketing.
What you’ll achieve
- Support end-to-end marketing programs for the Japan region, including strategy, planning, stakeholder engagement, and tactical delivery
- Work with the Japanese marketing lead to design and execute global campaigns that resonate locally
- Create and produce local demand gen campaigns including webinars and field events
- Develop strong, effective working relationships with direct team members and business partners
- Report on program status and results including campaign summaries, pipeline generation, and pipe:spend efficiency. Communicate program results and upcoming marketing plans to local team and global stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with sales and customer success
- Build relationships and processes to facilitate global<>local coordination with global marketing teams
- Above all, you’re looking to make an impact. Our mission at Asana is to help global teams thrive. We’re looking for someone who’s all-in on that mission
- 5-10 years of experience in high technology B2C/B2B enterprise software or SaaS required
- You’re a problem solver that is comfortable with ambiguity and willing to partner with sales and customer success to build marketing programs that meet the needs of the region
- Ability to manage projects to tight timelines. Responds under pressures of time and uncertainty
- Experience working in marketing with proven success and high initiative in the creation and execution of effective demand generation marketing campaigns
- Well-written and well-spoken with an ability to use data and gather information to craft a compelling narrative by using written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Some understanding of complex buying/selling processes involving multiple decision-makers for software and services purchases
- Flexible, and ready to jump on new projects and opportunities (even if loosely defined or out of the initially defined job scope)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to earn trust and respect of peers
- Positive disposition with high energy, self-directed, team player
- Ability to travel regionally and globally periodically
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and can easily adapt to change
- Bilingual in English and Japanese
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top