IT Systems Engineering Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Asana is seeking an experienced and strongly motivated leader to manage our growing IT Systems Engineering team in San Francisco. This new role will be responsible for managing the team that supports Asana’s portfolio of cloud and on-prem productivity applications. In addition to managing business oriented SaaS applications, you will also lead the team responsible for corporate end-point management, Identity, and User Lifecycle processes. This is a hands on management role and will report directly to the Global Head of IT in San Francisco.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, and would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp and detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of IT engineers, including hiring, performance management, and career development
- Grow and evolve Asana’s identity management program
- Oversee all processes related to Asana’s managed end-user systems.
- Design, deliver, and support processes and technologies related to: SaaS application management, client platform standards, system performance, patching, and configuration compliance.
- Scale IT services leveraging tools and automation.
- Provide oversight for critical IT tools including: gSuite, Slack, Okta, Dropbox, Slack, Asana, and Zendesk
- Oversee SSO implementations, and drive end to end automation of on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Work with the IT Support, IT Engineering, and Security teams to identify and resolve issues in the environment
- 5+ years of managing a growing team
- 7+ years of direct experience with a mix of following
- Building and scaling identity management processes and systems
- Administration of configuration management and automation tools: JAMF, LanDesk, Airwatch, Chef, Puppet, Munki
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl, Powershell or equivalent tools
- Experience managing ticket-based enterprise work-flow systems, particularly Asana, ZenDesk, and similar.
- The right mix of problem solving skills and a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with SOX, ISO, and SOC 2 compliance obligations for IT
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Sonja G.Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Sonja’s responsible for ensuring that Asana is recruiting top-quality applicants who come from underrepresented backgrounds in tech, building an inclusive culture, and helping employees thrive.
Back to top