International Accounting Lead
- San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, curious, and analytical leader to help us achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will join a world-class Finance team, and will be involved in all general areas of accounting and assisting in multiple ad hoc projects - audit, month-end close, ensuring accuracy with multiple finance system integrations, as well as other fun accounting challenges!
You have exceptional communication skills and are not afraid to speak up. You are a process improver that can easily pick up the high level business goals and apply them to the accounting operations. You also possess knowledge in international consolidations, have the ability to work with foreign currencies and have strong attention to detail.
What you'll achieve
- Perform monthly transfer pricing, intercompany transactions, eliminations and consolidations
- Prepare foreign exchange gain/loss and translation adjustment reasonableness analyses
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly close processes for international subsidiaries and review monthly reporting package and reconciliations prepared by outsourced providers
- Present monthly to finance organization on financial fluctuations of international subsidiaries
- Verify proper elimination entries were recorded and reviewed all intercompany reconciliations
- Execute monthly global consolidations in an accurate and timely manner
- Implement international subsidiaries into a SOX-compliant control framework
- Establish procedures related to revaluation of foreign currency balances
- Partner cross-functionally with Legal, People Ops, Facilities, and IT to establish new international entities
- Coordinate with external tax team to ensure transfer pricing calculations and intercompany agreements are accurate and in place
- Manage audits for all international subsidiaries
- Compile meaningful business reports to review at international board meetings
- 5+ years of accounting experience (with at least 3 years of international accounting experiences) including at least 1+ year in public accounting
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of key accounting concepts, GAAP, IFRS, SOX controls
- Customer service oriented, especially for internal teams
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top