We are looking for an Integrations Engineer with expertise in Enterprise System Integrations and Business Process Automation to help with the mapping, design, documentation and implementation of various system integrations. This role acts as a foundational pillar to the entire business and spans Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR applications and systems. The better integrations we have in place between systems, the more Asana can focus on our customers and less on operational work.
The Business Technology team at Asana acts as the engine to the business team; up-leveling our business partners by delivering secure, scalable, and efficient systems, processes, data and insights that help Asana achieve its mission. As an Integrations Engineer, you will be foundational to how the business operates and the value provided with each thoughtful integration between systems leads to tremendous gains for the business. You will expose new insights that help Asana make better decisions, enable complex workflows that help us move more efficiently and effectively as an organization, and expand the value that each system can provide to an end user.
What you’ll achieve
- Own the lifecycle responsibility for architecting and designing, vetting, building, developing integrations between complex systems and/or integrations between existing solutions
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, operating managers, and professional staff across other organizational units as it pertains to business processes and systems.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously including operational tasks
- Act as an owner and ultimate escalation point for the integrations you build
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
- 3+ years of experience in designing and building integration solutions
- Experience with Enterprise IPAAS platforms: Snaplogic, Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, etc. (we use Snaplogic!)
- Experience in building integrations with REST and SOAP API, JMS, file, SFTP, DB, Email, custom code
- Experience in building integration solutions with various enterprise cloud applications like SFDC, Marketo, AWS, NetSuite
- Knowledge of system and software engineering architecture principles, concepts, and best practices
- Excellent environmental testing; test planning and execution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to decipher highly technical data
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong teamwork with your internal team, business stakeholders, and business leaders
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Hands-on experience in building solutions with AWS S3, Redshift
- Clear understanding of Integration design patterns and the advantages of implementing them in a complex ecosystem
- Preferably a BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with SQL
- Positive and fun attitude
- Willingness to take responsibility, accountability and ownership of the projects, systems, and integrations
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to work tasks
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top