Head of Web Development
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a technology leader that is passionate about Web development, UX/UI, optimization, and analytics that will help us take our eCommerce/sales engine and customer engagement to the next level. You will lead the Web Development team which falls under the Business Technology organization. The Business Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering efficient processes, scalable infrastructure, systems, analytics and insights that help Asana achieve its mission. In addition, we partner with functional leadership to drive transformations that results in growing our business, organizational effectiveness and efficiencies.
As Head of Web Development, you’ll provide technical leadership, guide architectural and design decisions for the team. You will also collaborate with web producers, our marketing team, sales, design and Product Engineering to make the logged-out experience of Asana.com delightful. You will report directly into the Head of Business Technology.
What you’ll achieve
- Learn the current web framework and architecture of logged-out Asana.com and set our future roadmap.
- Develop a strategy for a complex, highly cross-functional website, and implement process and technology that will help us scale with our global growth.
- Provide expertise and consult with functional leadership across business, engineering and product teams.
- Understand and influence business strategies and integrate them into technical roadmaps to achieve business objectives.
- Set the technical strategy that enables rapid experimentation / optimization
- Evangelize a test and data driven culture across the organization.
- Grow, manage and mentor our web development engineers to be effective leaders of their people, teams and programs.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce.
- Collaborate and build relationships with the engineering organization to leverage infrastructure and services already in place.
- Identify and remove impediments for the team and stakeholders, while successfully driving towards key initiatives.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience, with 4+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Experience scaling engineering teams by recruiting, retaining and growing all levels of engineering talent
- Previous experience with front-end or web technologies, data modeling/design, orchestration, working with API layers, and open source technologies.
- Experience working in or interest in learning SaaS business models and its software development lifecycle (infrastructure, software, or data services)
- Helped development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale, understands the big picture and the importance of investing in the core technical foundation.
- Experience building a diverse and inclusive culture, with teams that are eager to learn and deeply curious
- Experience working with teams who use the following models: DevOps, service ownership, and continuous integration/continuous delivery.
- Strong technical background in Engineering, or a related technology field
Back to top