Head of SEC Reporting
- San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, curious, and analytical leader to help us achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will join a world-class Accounting and Finance team to help establish best-in-class financial reporting and technical accounting workflows within a fast-paced environment!
This role will help shape the evolution of financial reporting at Asana. As the Head of SEC Reporting you will work closely with the accounting and FP&A teams to deliver timely internal and external reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP. You will be responsible for external financial reporting comprising primary financial statements and supporting notes. You will also be responsible for building a team, preparing management reporting presentations and working closely with external auditors.
What you'll achieve:
- Develop, drive and maintain processes for external financial reporting
- Coordinate with external auditors to deliver timely financial statements, including planning documents, and to support interim reviews.
- Prepare financial reports including Quarterly Reports on Form 10Q and Annual Reports on Form 10K filed with the SEC. This includes preparation of GAAP balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and statement of shareholders’ equity.
- Prepare all footnotes as well as supporting work papers and analysis supporting the financial statements.
- Collect, synthesize and process edits received from management, auditors, and attorneys.
- Work closely with Investor Relations to help create quarterly earnings releases.
- Prepare and review financial statement disclosure checklists on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare quarterly and annual GAAP management reporting presentations and present to management.
- Prepare and maintain a calendar of recurring reporting requirements, including internal and external reporting.
- Coordinate with Accounting and FP&A teams to help craft footnote disclosures.
- Act as primary lead on ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Develop best practices processes and controls around financial reporting including maximizing online reporting capability.
- Assist in review of XBRL tagging.
- Lead the evaluation of all proposed transactions for accounting and reporting implications.
- Research and explain quarterly and year-to-date fluctuations in income and balance sheet accounts for consideration in earnings releases.
- Monitor pending accounting pronouncements and analyze potential impact to financial statement disclosures.
- Proactive benchmarking of disclosure practices and recommendations to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA
- Minimum of 15 years of experience, including preferably 5 years with a Big 4 accounting firm and relevant financial reporting experience
- Critical thinker and detailed oriented that thoroughly evaluates all potential accounting implications and solutions associated with a particular issue.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of key accounting concepts, GAAP, IFRS, SOX controls
- Customer service oriented, especially for internal teams
- Ability to perform within tight deadlines
- Ability to work cross functionally to obtain all relevant facts and articulate accounting conclusion reached
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow with a positive attitude
- Familiar with Workiva or other external reporting platforms
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top