Head of Recruiting
Engineering Recruiter San Francisco, CA
The Recruiting team is dedicated to ensuring that teams at Asana have the people they need to achieve their goals. As a product-driven organization, we hire the people who build Asana, the people who support our users, and the people who tell our story in the market. All human progress comes down to teamwork—and we work with the entire company to enable teamwork by building our own team. We work as a team to get to know the whole person, to communicate our values, and to ensure that candidates are well-informed and delighted throughout the process. Recruiting is a company-wide effort and responsibility and we encourage all Asanas to adopt the motto "Always Be Recruiting."
We are looking for an in-house Engineering Recruiter to work side by side with leaders and peers across our product team to ensure that every hire is as exceptional as the last. You will build relationships with engineering hiring managers and team members to understand the needs of each position and work to source and guide candidates through the interview process. You care about people and seek to understand deeply the needs and aspirations of each candidate while thoughtfully conveying the unique value proposition presented at Asana. You will act as a liaison between candidates and the team and an advocate and counselor to all candidates.
- Help manifest Asana's mission by identifying and hiring great engineers onto the team
- Partner closely with hiring managers to determine and understand the organization's needs and and priorities
- Source candidates, taking an analytical approach and tailoring strategy to each particular situation and need
- Provide a high-touch service level to both our internal team and the external candidate pool
- Engage with partner organizations and help drive engaging events that promote our brand and culture, hence driving further engagement with the candidate market
- Take a detail-oriented approach to all tasks, whether mundane or mission critical
- Act as candidates' advocate throughout the interview process
- A track record of building high-performing software engineering organizations
- The resourcefulness to turn a team's needs into a search and, ultimately, hiring the best candidate for the job
- Demonstrated excellence and passion for each step of the recruiting process and candidate experience
- Preferred combination of experience recruiting in-house and in an agency setting
- Experience recruiting for specialist and generalist roles sourced through a variety of channels
- Experience with and appreciation for proactive candidate cultivation and relationship building with passive candidates
- Natural intuition for what drives people and where they can most manifest their potential
- Willingness to recruit at all levels of experience, from recent college graduates to senior level leadership
- Infectious passion for impactful products and ambitious missions
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we'd love to see what you might add to our team.
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Lifecycle Marketing Lead
Reigan is responsible for creating a customer journey and life cycle that feels cohesive and consistent—and provides value to the customer, from beginning to end.
Back to top