Head of Organic Growth
Asana is focused on driving growth and building a brand that customers love. Today, more than 50,000 businesses pay for Asana, and millions more are using our free products to move work forward -- and we’re just getting started. To help power our next wave of user acquisition, we’re looking for an experienced and analytical Head of Organic Growth to accelerate our growth via organic channels.
As the Head of Organic Growth, you will be responsible for developing an organic program to acquire Asana users efficiently and at scale. You will lead the development, launch, and optimization of organic initiatives across our global priority markets. You will also partner closely with our entire Acquisition team as well as our various marketing and creative teams in San Francisco to drive quantifiable results and business impact.
- Craft a global organic growth strategy to substantially increase traffic, signups, and revenue from all organic sources
- Manage internal SEO experts and external vendors to build a detailed, multi-year SEO strategy spanning content & technical opportunities
- Think broader than SEO to develop multi-channel initiatives that take advantage of the ability of partners, press, organic social, videos, review sites and more to drive organic traffic, signups, and revenue
- Coordinate execution of organic growth initiatives with key cross-functional partners such as web dev, product, self-serve sales, content marketing, comms, PMM, regional marketing, and paid acquisitions
- Set KPIs and KRs to monitor progress against your strategy over time
- Build a deep understanding of the strategic role of organic growth among executive stakeholders, and share regular updates on your progress and impact
- 8+ years of experience driving growth at a rapidly scaling company by leveraging organic growth channels
- Experience with SEO, preferably spanning both technical and content
- Proven ability to develop an in-house team and manage agency partners
- Extremely analytical and data-driven, with working knowledge of BI and SEO tools such as Looker, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, and SEMRush
- Strong executive communicator, able to synthesize complex strategies and clearly communicate impact
- Experience working in tech & SaaS
- Familiarity with a freemium or self-serve business model
- Experience with international markets
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries organize and manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group and Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, and Reykjavík, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top