Head of Mobile Engineering
As the Head of Mobile Engineering, you’ll lead the iOS, Android and mobile infrastructure engineering teams. You’ll work cross-functionally to develop Asana’s mobile strategy, and be responsible for building the mobile engineering org to execute on that strategy. You will lead development, implementation and maintenance of our mobile apps. You will be helping your teams contribute more and develop as managers, software engineers, and individuals. You will be partnering with recruiting to grow the mobile engineering teams.
At Asana, we build collaboration and communication software to help all teams work together effortlessly and do great things. The Mobile team works to provide a seamless cross-platform experience for our users who are on the go. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in by combining mobile best practices with a focus on usability and design.
What You’ll Achieve
- Influence product strategy and drive alignment between multiple feature teams across the product, shaping how teams come together to build features across mobile and web
- Manage a growing organization of 15 engineers and several managers, and ensure their continued technical and professional development
- Develop roadmap and long term vision for Asana’s mobile teams
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve operational excellence of the team
- Increase development velocity while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Partner with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, by sourcing and interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- 6+ years professional software development experience with 4+ years experience as an engineering manager
- Prior experience managing other managers
- Experience shipping user-facing products, preferably for mobile platforms
- Strong communication, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements
- Programming experience and domain knowledge on Android and/or iOS
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your teams, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and doing it
- Thoughtful, especially with regard to the long-term consequences of your decisions
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber, and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Sonja G.Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Sonja’s responsible for ensuring that Asana is recruiting top-quality applicants who come from underrepresented backgrounds in tech, building an inclusive culture, and helping employees thrive.
Back to top