Head of Investor Relations
We’re looking for a mission-driven leader to head up our Investor Relations at Asana, being part of our world-class Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and execute an investor relations strategy that will be critical to the growth and strategic direction of the company. You will partner with the CEO and the CFO, and the entire leadership team to position our company for continued growth and build our relationships with the investment community.
You must have exceptional communication, analytical and collaborative skills. You are experienced working with corporate executives and both private and public investors. This role will be reporting directly to the CFO.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the design and implementation of our IR strategy from the ground up
- Be the liaison between the company and investors
- Partner with internal stakeholders in communications, and within the business units, to build a better understanding of the company and drive our positioning to the investment community
- Develop investor communications including press releases, executive talking points, presentations, investor website content, fact sheets, etc.
- Develop deep long term relationships with industry analysts and investors
- Lead the review and summary of third party reports, competitive financial analysis, benchmarking and aggregate information from various financial data sources
- Manage investor effort to identify, promote and encourage prospective investors
- Provide senior management with feedback and recommendations related to discussions with the investment community, as well as commentary regarding events within the market and industry
- Collaborate across departments to ensure a consistent corporate image is presented to analysts, investors, individual shareholders, media and all external parties
- Work closely with senior staff on internal and external financial planning, forecasting and reporting
- Support M&A activities across the finance function as needed
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience in investor relations is required
- Experience with enterprise software, preferably SaaS
- 12+ years of related experience, with a background in finance (preferably sell-side) that provides solid fundamental training for a role in Investor Relations
- Ability to develop financial models (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Understanding of valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts
- Demonstrated understanding of disclosure rules and regulations
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to perform a quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Advanced communications skills (written and oral) and relationship skills
- Unquestioned ethics, a sense of urgency and the ability to simultaneously execute on both tactical and strategic projects with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, accounting, finance or economics
- Travel required
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries organize and manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group and Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, and Reykjavík, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top