Head of Insights - Sales
- San Francisco, CA
Our sales team is focused on finding efficient paths to successful, profitable, long term customers by building a user-driven marketing and sales engine. To do so, we employ a bottom-up enterprise sales model by helping many small, successful customers evolve into larger, successful ones. We act as a key voice of the customer to the product team. We help identify and overcome technical, educational, and competitive obstacles to our continued growth.
As the Head of Insights - Sales, you will be responsible for building the insights engine to empower our global sales team to deliver key insights to Asana customers, enabling them to work more efficiently and effectively. We’re looking for someone with a holistic set of methodological insights (including qualitative and quantitative skills), strong executive presence, and the ability to credibly persuade and influence. In this position, you will help us develop a deeper understanding of our customers and partners to drive higher customer satisfaction, customer retention, and new business growth and expansion.
As the Head of Insights - Sales, you will report directly to the GM of North America and will be a key member of the business leadership team. This position is based in San Francisco.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Harness the power of Asana's data to build and operationalize the value of work graph for our customers
- Partner with GM of North America to help evolve the sales organization through segmentation, solution selling, sales enablement, and leveraging data and insights
- Communicate in a way that is easily understood and visually compelling, moving our business from insight to action
- Scope the appropriate business requirements in order to deliver on the vision
- Effectively influence cross-functionally; specifically with the Product, Business Intelligence, Marketing, and Engineering teams in order to execute on the strategy
- Understand and leverage Asana's data and systems to create solutions, automated customized decks Sales and Customer Success can leverage to up-level customer conversations
- Work across Sales, Customer Success, Marketing and Product to build processes and operations that scale globally and generate customer centric insights solutions
- Partner with Revenue Operations to create metrics for defining our relationship with customers and setting targets for the organization, building those measurements and tracking accordingly
- Build data driven narratives to drive larger deal sizes and solution selling
- Understand the needs of our small business to advise scalable solutions to better serve customer needs
- Scrappy, intellectually curious and intrinsically motivated by the challenges - none are too big or too small!
- An innovator who is willing to roll up the sleeves and get into the weeds
- Highly collaborative, effective partner who can influence through smart, thoughtful communication and execution
- 8+ years of experience in insights roles leading quantitative and qualitative primary research that delivers business results
- Experience working with customers
- Extraordinary communication and storytelling skills with experience across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions
- Experience influencing and earning the trust of senior stakeholders and moving business teams to take action
- Can translate key business questions into research proposals and plans and translate proposals into action
- Ambition to build deep business understanding, taking full advantage of a matrixed organization to enrich insight agendas and help drive business results
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top