Head of Customer Retention Growth
- San Francisco, CA
The Customer Retention team at Asana is focused on driving meaningful improvements to the business by improving the customer experience and empowering teams to do great things together. Today, over 70,000 businesses pay for Asana, and millions more are using our free products -- and we are just getting started. As we scale our business, we are looking for an experienced Head of Customer Retention Growth to help accelerate Asana’s next wave of expansion.
As the Head of Customer Retention Growth, you will be responsible for establishing and leading a new practice for Asana. This will include: developing the strategy and financial plan; establishing and tracking new data measures; and building and leading a cross-functional team. You will have the opportunity to drive the launch of new platforms for testing and optimization of the customer experience, while partnering with key business partners in Customer Success, Product & Engineering, and Customer Support teams.
What you'll achieve
- Develop a strategy to drive Net ARR growth by improving customer retention
- Develop an operating framework for driving customer retention improvements
- Establish new KRs and goals to ensure accountability across the organization for customer retention improvements
- Champion customer retention across the organization and ensure customer retention becomes part of the culture of the Asana organization
- Drive the launch of new customer retention capabilities and initiatives, including new platforms for testing and optimization, with measurable impact to Net ARR
- Build and lead a team of both direct and indirect reports
- Communicate progress against retention initiatives and goals to all stakeholders including executive team
- 8-years of experience driving software or subscription business growth
- Track record of building and leading cross-functional teams to accomplish business results together
- Data-driven leader with a deep understanding of the financials and the math behind your business
- Experience with SaaS and subscription businesses and understanding of how important it is to keep customers once they’ve been acquired
- Ability to understand highly complex topics and present them in a succinct manner
- Experience working in high growth or startup environment
- Experience driving retention-specific growth initiatives
- Experience with international markets
- Sense of humor
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top