Google Tag Manager Specialist
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a detail oriented, self directed web analyst to help Asana achieve greater insights into our externally facing web properties. This unique and exciting position will take ownership of our Google Tag Manager configuration, driving deep understanding of our site and visitors. This role bridges the gap between the Business Intelligence team and Marketing team, with a diverse set of stakeholders, tools, and challenges.
- Drive a comprehensive, consistent Google Tag Manager strategy and implementation for Asana web properties. Ensure accurate visibility into funnels, calls to action, and events.
- Design a coherent taxonomy and maintain a master inventory of tags. Work closely with content creators to adapt and expand over time.
- Drive analysis of Google Analytics events, building out reports directly and with the marketing analytics team.
- Partner with Asana Web Dev team to identify ways to improve and streamline GTM tracking. Help ensure a consistent approach to site tracking data.
- Verify the full Google Analytics events pipeline all the way to the data warehouse. Work with Business Technology teams to isolate and troubleshoot issues.
- 4+ years experience in a Marketing Analytics role working directly with marketing teams on user facing web properties.
- 3+ years direct experience in Google Tag Manager or similar (Segment, Heap, Tealium, etc.) managing the full inventory of tags for one or more web properties.
- Experience leveraging Google Analytics and Google Data Studio to analyze web traffic.
- Extreme attention to detail with a consistent and organized approach.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI.
- Some exposure to SQL, particularly in a data warehouse environment such as Redshift, Snowflake, Teradata, or Vertica.
- Stellar written and oral communication skills, collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top