Global Payroll Lead
We’re looking for a Global Payroll Lead to partner with Finance, People Operations, and Legal to maintain and process payroll for Asana’s growing global organization. In this role, you will also support the finance team with ad hoc projects and responsibilities related to the employee experience.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is meticulous in preparing and processing payroll and working directly with employees on payroll-related inquiries.
- Is passionate about the design and implementation of varying payroll systems/controls across multiple entities.
- Has a deep understanding of payroll, benefits, tax, and exempt and nonexempt reporting compliance for domestic and international employees.
The focus of this role will be to scale Asana’s global organization with operational efficiency for payroll. To be successful in the role, you must pay great attention to detail and be excited about scaling processes. You have the ability to work across multiple departments as a trusted advisor and support the information and compliance requirements of Finance, Legal, and People Operations as it relates to payroll.
- Own processing payroll: semi-monthly in the USA, monthly for subsidiary in Europe.
- Design proper process and system implementation for exempt and nonexempt payroll operations.
- Update payroll records and related systems for changes in salary, benefits, 401K, department transfers, etc.
- Ensure all benefits are recorded in payroll correctly.
- Assist in the month-end close process by performing the payroll accruals for state tax and balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Work with all employees on various inquiries and assist the People Operations team with onboarding and offboarding employees.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements. Advise management as needed.
- Perform quarterly controls and audits between HR and Payroll systems.
- Manage and audit W-2s and yearly administration of payroll in preparation of the following calendar year.
- Understand the implications of equity transactions and the impact to payroll.
- Oversee the Expensify expense reporting system, including setup of new employees, updating policies, processing/approving expense reports, and answering questions from employees.
- Reconcile all corporate credit card accounts in line with our audit requirements for approval processes and record retention.
- Assess requirements and justification for corporate card issuance and issue credit limits appropriately.
- Minimum of 5+ years global payroll experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar
- ADP Workforce Now experience required
- Understanding and strong knowledge of payroll and stock taxation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of payroll-related technology solutions
- Strong aptitude and proficiency in Excel
- Advanced analytical skills
- Public company working experience
- CPP designation
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Sonja’s responsible for ensuring that Asana is recruiting top-quality applicants who come from underrepresented backgrounds in tech, building an inclusive culture, and helping employees thrive.
Back to top