Global Head of Facilities & Real Estate
We’re looking for a passionate leader to drive our growing and expanding business in the opening, constructing, relocating and remodeling of the areas where Asana does business. You will be a part of the Employee Office Experience team, who is responsible for building an experience that attracts employees, retains existing talent and makes all Asanas safe and productive to meet our ambitious goals.
You will oversee the transaction strategy, activities and leases for Asana’s global office portfolio as well as the transaction strategy for future office expansion. You will be responsible for managing all construction to achieve the company’s business objectives including scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management. You will also oversee the execution of this work through vendors, such as brokers and project management firms.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and implement real estate plans with an understanding of strategic real estate goals.
- Own the portfolio-wide transaction strategy for acquisition and disposition of real estate properties.
- Ensure all locations reflect our culture and values.
- Manage relationships with relevant stakeholders including Design, IT, Security, Culinary, Legal, Finance, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing analyses and documents required for real estate recommendations, approvals and execution.
- Oversee initiation of new office locations as well as expansion within existing Asana locations.
- Oversee the management of leases: approvals, payments, audits, requirements, reporting, etc.
- Ensure site safety & global security plan
- Manage the team responsible for providing ongoing facilities and workplace experience services at each global site.
- Skilled in stakeholder management, executive presentations, cross functional teamwork and influencing outcomes.
- Develop and maintain standard operations and tools/software that optimize integrated delivery.
- Oversees project to ensure goals and objectives are established and achieved.
- Monitors and maintains framework to review progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets and timelines.
- Owns capital plan development, cost forecasting and management.
- Manage relationship with relevant stakeholders, including Design, IT, Security, Culinary, Legal, Finance, etc.
- Develops vendor strategy to utilize the appropriate resources in each market, depending on the market and the need.
- Partner with internal design to ensure all global locations are reflective of Asana’s values.
- Develop and manage portfolio metrics and benchmarks for real estate portfolio to identify trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and solve for complex business issues with multiple stakeholder requirements.
- Develop and provide metric reports to management and the Board of Directors on the cost-effectiveness and efficiency of facilities services
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing and communicating strategic business solutions to executive committee.
- Requires in-depth understanding of financial terms and principles. Oversee and review complex financial/business analysis and reports. Analyze the complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
- 12+ years in corporate office real estate, transactions or projects for global portfolios
- Extensive financial analysis, budget management and forecasting expertise
- Strong desire and passion for people management
- Experience with external vendor management
- Strong experience with global portfolio strategy & implementation
- Relationship-building skills, ability to interact with both external and internal stakeholders facilitating strong relationships
- Strong budget and project management skills
- Experience at a rapidly growing organization
- Demonstrated use of Asana’s values
- Ability to travel to global locations
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top