General Ledger Accountant
- San Francisco, CA
Asana is building a world-class Accounting and Finance team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will be involved in all general areas of accounting and assisting in multiple ad hoc projects - audit, month-end close, ensuring accuracy with multiple finance system integrations, as well as other fun accounting challenges!
The ideal candidate is super detail-oriented, curious, and analytical. You should have exceptional communication skills and not be afraid to speak up. We’re looking for process improvers that can easily pick up the high level business goals and apply them to the accounting operations. There is a wealth of knowledge to be learned and we’re looking for a team player that is excited to jump right in!
You will be joining a world class finance team that tracks and seeks to understand the factors driving our growth and success. We help our entire organization achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. We ensure our objectives are feasible and that work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources they need to achieve our ambitious mission enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
What You'll Achieve:
- Month-end financial reporting tasks related to cash & deposit accounts, prepaids, fixed assets and debt
- Preparing journal entries and ensuring proper general ledger coding in support of monthly closings
- Preparing monthly bank account reconciliations, intra-company reconciliations, and other month-end general ledger reconciliations
- Month-end variance analyses and presentation to stakeholders
- Preparation of support to be provided to the external audit team
- Drive continuous improvement around processes & systems and assist in automating procedures
- Drive the adoption of a new processes across multiple counterparts in the organization
- Assist in managing our compliance processes for processes as we create them (ie. SOX controls and implementation)
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented: able to work with large volumes of data with speed and accuracy. Ability to self-check work.
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong knowledge of key accounting concepts, GAAP, SOX controls
- Time management to ensure timely completion of given tasks with accuracy
- Customer service oriented, especially for internal teams
- Proficiency in ERP Systems (NetSuite preferred) and intermediate Excel skills
- Enthusiastic, upbeat, and positive with the ability to stay calm in the face of uncertainty and hyper growth.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience including at least 2+ years in public accounting and/or a technical accounting role in a multinational public company or pre-IPO/high growth company
- CPA preferred
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top