Experience Researcher, NYC
- New York, NY
The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, and how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company and drives key roadmap decisions.
We’re looking for a creative, curious, collaborative human who is excited to help us in our mission to improve the world of work. Our ideal candidate has experience crafting and delivering a wide range of research and can balance rigor with experimentation.
What you’ll achieve
- Build a well-rounded understanding of our customers and communicate that empathy throughout the company
- Identify and prioritize the right open questions and proactively plan your research roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Translate insights into measurable customer experiences aligned to business goals
- Balance tactical and strategic research to deliver high-impact results
- Help define the usability bar and advise on meeting that bar
- Give guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound, customer-backed decisions
- Recommend and enact improvements to the team’s process, tools and communications
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams then design, plan, and execute on the highest leveraged work
- Partner with Research Ops to help scale our work, supporting our ambition to have best in class research and insights for our product teams
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that we ship meaningful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- 4+ years of experience practicing ux research for digital products
- Experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development cycle
- Apply frameworks and model-thinking
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights for you and your team
- Quickly build trust and rapport with stakeholders at every level
- Foundational knowledge of information architecture, design principles and content strategy for both web and mobile
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the research cycle
- Skilled presenter and persuasive communicator
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top