Engineering Manager, Stability Infrastructure
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping others contribute more and develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. As an engineering manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
The Infrastructure team builds the foundation we need to support our web and mobile applications, and API. We build and operate the software that enables Asana’s security, scalability, and speed. Each day, we combine industry best-practices and innovation to support our product-focused company. The stability team owns the overall uptime of Asana’s infrastructure and the majority of the storage layer. The team is responsible for eliminating single points of failure and making improvements across our tech stack to reduce product downtime.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage the critical stability infrastructure program with 4-7 engineers, including the program and technical leads, while participating as an engineer on this team
- Lead team to identify future risks to Asana’s infrastructure and proactively mitigate them
- Help ensure that Asana’s infrastructure maintains high availability
- Help the team conduct post mortems and investigations for root cause of downtime and system failures
- Help eliminate single points of failure, for example, in our core data store layer (Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Design and implement changes for scalability
- Recruit for and grow the infrastructure team
- Define how the team evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Guide the articulation and execution of the roadmap of Asana’s infrastructure to support web and mobile clients
- Prior experience building and operating distributed systems
- 1+ year of engineering management experience
- The rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity and technical skills that allow you to rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
- Kind and intellectually mature
We value diversity. We provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know and feel that they’re equally respected and valued regardless of age, race or ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, political views, or any other aspect which makes someone unique. We’d love to see what you’d add to our team.
Back to top