At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers and PMs to continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection. And we have deep empathy for both our coworkers and our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work better together.
As a manager on the product engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product that users love. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 5-8 engineers on the web product engineering team
- Ensure a world-class experience for Asana users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iterations
- Partner with design and product management on both large new features and small product enhancements
- Work and learn alongside great peer managers with a strong sense of team
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Master the arts of delegation and scaling yourself aided by our strong team and things like Asana’s Areas of responsibility (“AOR”) system
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with 2+ years experience managing a technical team
- Experience working cross-functionally with product management, design, and infrastructure teams
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.