Engineering Manager, Product
As a manager on the product engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product that users love. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers and product managers to continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception (be it at a hackathon or during Roadmap Week) to post-launch reflection. We have deep empathy for both our teammates and our users, in order to understand how we can best work together to help others work better together.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 4-8 engineers on the web product engineering team
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iterations
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to grow the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Experience managing a technical team
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Willing and able to dive into code yourself
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and small daily product enhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries organize and manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohl's, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group and Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, and one of Glasdoor's and Inc.'s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, and Reykjavík, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Sonja G.Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Sonja’s responsible for ensuring that Asana is recruiting top-quality applicants who come from underrepresented backgrounds in tech, building an inclusive culture, and helping employees thrive.
Back to top