At Asana, we build collaboration and communication software to help all teams work together effortlessly and do great things. The Mobile team works to provide a seamless cross-platform experience for our users who are on the go. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in by combining tried-and-true mobile best practices with a focus on usability and design.
As a manager in the Mobile Engineering Area on our new Individual Productivity team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You’re passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers and individuals. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product users love. You should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems you and your team will solve.
Your team’s mission is to help individuals on teams succeed on Asana Mobile. Mobile is individual productivity, it is the place to delight users on the ability to get things done. It’s the place to gamify the experience to help our users be more productive. It’s also a team that supports other Asana team’s in different pillars to bring core experiences to mobile. You’ll be working with a few experienced and new Asana’s. The team will be doubling in size this year from 4 to 8. You have a tech lead on your team that will help you drive execution on your team. You’ll support that execution, your team, develop partnerships around the company and be an driving force for mobile and the user experience. You’ll work with your PM/TL partners to balance the needs of your team’s mission with other company needs. Change the way millions of people work everyday, come join us at Asana.
What You’ll Achieve
- Manage a team of iOS, Android and backend engineers.
- Help the mobile organization establish new practices and standards as we move from platform teams to functional teams.
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team to 8 engineers, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Support and coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana iOS users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iteration
- Be an advocate for mobile across the Asana engineering organization
- Work with the team to raise the bar for both product and engineering excellence
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself. Looking for client side experience in iOS or Android.
- While onboarding you’ll be expected to contribute to the codebase
- 7+ years of engineering experience with 3+ years managing a technical team
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and doing it
- Thoughtful, especially with regard to the long-term consequences of your decisions
Asana enables millions of teams around the world to achieve their goals together, from small projects to strategic initiatives. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace by Fortune, Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Built In for our inclusive culture that drives business results. After spending more than two years physically distanced, we're safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, adding more flexibility to our office-centric hybrid culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.