Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
Product Engineer San Francisco, CA
- If you are currently in school and looking for a new graduate engineering position, please check back in August 2017.
As a product engineer, your mission is to manifest continuous improvement of the Asana experience for all our customers. You'll dream big but take small iterative steps towards your goals. You'll relish the feedback you get in every step of the development lifecycle, from continuous deployment to our twitter stream of love.
You may work on modeling the work graph or on transcending UI design tradeoffs; often you'll work on both in the same day. All our engineers identify as full-stack generalists, and the craftsmanship of product development is deep in Asana's soul. Always leave the code better than you found it.
You're not just a coder. You'll be part of the entire product process, from conception (be it at a hackathon or during Roadmap Week) to post-launch reflection. You must have deep empathy for both your coworkers and your users, to understand how you can work better together to help others work better together.
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, down to those little details that matter
- Sound judgment for balancing between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Enjoy easily implementing HTML/CSS prototypes based on mocks
- Care deeply about helping all teams collaborate more effectively
- Derive joy from abstracting and refactoring
- Knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, browser side, or for desktop software)
We're glad to hear you're interested this job. If you'd like to learn more about what we do—and the way we think—we recommend these links.
- Learn more about Asana's vision and where we are going.
- Our switch to Typescript
- A day in the life of Phips, one of our product engineers
- Our management philosophy
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Lifecycle Marketing Lead
Reigan is responsible for creating a customer journey and life cycle that feels cohesive and consistent—and provides value to the customer, from beginning to end.
Back to top