The Design Systems team drives design quality across Asana, so that we can deliver an experience that is inclusive, intuitive, reliable, cohesive, and delightful. From core UI components, internal documentation platform and advocacy of UI best practices, the team’s work empowers product engineers and designers to easily build high-quality products at scale.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help make the Asana product teams move even faster in building a best-in-class product. You’ll coach, develop and support our amazing team of engineers to influence the direction and quality of software development patterns across the organization. You’ll partner cross-team, and cross-functionally, to define the direction of Asana UI’s roadmap and coordinate cross-team efforts to get there. You appreciate both product quality and development velocity, and how they both contribute to Asana’s success.
What You’ll Achieve
- Manage a team of 8 engineers that build the foundational layer of product design at Asana.
- Recruit for and grow the Design Systems team and wider Infrastructure group.
- Support and help coordinate a multi-year, cross-team effort to improve accessibility at Asana
- Support and coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Collaborate cross-functionally and cross-team to implement cross-cutting improvements across the Asana product and the product development process.
- Help the team balance between long term transformational investments and addressing acute pains.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, either on frontend engineering or in teams that support other developers. Experience with Design Systems preferred.
- Experience and enthusiasm partnering with cross-functional stakeholders across the organization to drive solutions.
- The rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity and technical skills that allow you to rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team.
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team.
- Ability to help evaluate and frame complex technical decisions.
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.