Engineering Manager, Android
As a manager on the Android Engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You’re passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers and individuals. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product users love. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems you and your team will solve.
At Asana, we build collaboration and communication software to help all teams work together effortlessly and do great things. The Mobile team works to provide a seamless cross-platform experience for our users who are on the go. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in by combining tried-and-true mobile best practices with a focus on usability and design. This focus led to us winning a Material Design award for our Android app.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 5+ engineers
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana Android users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iteration
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- 5+ years of engineering experience with 1+ years managing a technical team
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Willing and ability to dive into the code yourself
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and doing it
- Thoughtful, especially with regard to the long-term consequences of your decisions
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber, and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top