Engineering Manager, Product San Francisco, CA
At Asana, we're building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers and PMs to continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We're involved in the entire product process, from conception (be it at a hackathon or during Roadmap Week ) to post-launch reflection. And we have deep empathy for both our coworkers and our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work better together.
As a manager on the product engineering team, you'll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product that users love. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
- Manage a team of 3-8 engineers on the web product engineering team
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iterations
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Experienced in managing a technical team
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we'd love to see what you might add to our team.
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Lifecycle Marketing Lead
Reigan is responsible for creating a customer journey and life cycle that feels cohesive and consistent—and provides value to the customer, from beginning to end.
Back to top