- If you are currently in school and looking for a new graduate engineering position, you should apply to
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be building Asana’s features end-to-end, from designing their data models to implementing the subtle interaction behaviors that differentiate good software and great software. Working closely with seasoned UI designers and supported by a world-class software-infrastructure team, you can focus on delighting users with both large new features and (thanks to our continuous deployment architecture) daily small product enhancements.
By leveraging our in-house framework, Luna, you can rapidly build applications with properties like immediate responsiveness and real-time syncing. Luna really changes the way you think about writing Web applications, including the elimination of a separation between “frontend code” and “backend code.” This is an opportunity to use a new paradigm for building interactive software, and to drive the requirements for its ongoing development.
The craftsmanship of product development is deep in Asana’s soul. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in. Both founders are engineers and still write product code, and Asana will remain a product/technology-focused company.
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, down to those little details that matter
- Sound judgment for balancing between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Deep knowledge of Web technologies
- Have built a personal productivity tool before out of fun and/or frustration
- Derive joy from abstracting and refactoring
- Strong background in computer science
- Knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, browser side, or for desktop software)
- Could convert a mock to HTML/CSS prototype in your sleep
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong
- An appetite for data: analyzing metrics and designing A/B tests to help drive the company’s decisions
Back to top