Email Marketing Manager
The Asana marketing team is focused on driving growth and building a brand that customers love. We focus not only on acquiring users, but also on creating content and campaigns that nurture existing free teams, drive them to upgrade, and retain them as happy, paying customers.
We’re looking for a growth email marketer to drive revenue by experimenting with and launching campaigns that turn free Asana users into successful, paying teams. You’ll work with a cross-functional growth team comprised of Marketing, Sales, and Product teammates to plan, test, measure, and optimize email campaigns that fuel our self-serve business. You’ll also partner with Customer Success teams to craft renewal campaigns with the goal of retaining our best customers. This roles reports to the Head of Lifecycle Marketing.
- Drive self-serve revenue by planning and launching email campaigns targeted towards our existing free user base.
- Pinpoint opportunities to optimize the self-serve upgrade funnel, test your hypotheses, and use your learnings to inform future marketing campaigns.
- Manage the end-to-end execution of email campaigns including writing briefs, drafting copy, staging and QAing emails, segmenting lists, and reporting on and analyzing results.
- Partner with Customer Success teammates to launch and optimize retention campaigns for existing Premium customers.
- Collaborate with teammates from Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Product to create, prioritize, execute on, and manage an email testing roadmap.
- Measure and optimize campaign impact on revenue by partnering with Sales, Operations, Business Technology, and Data Science teams.
- 4-6 years of experience crafting, launching, measuring, and optimizing email campaigns; 1-2 years of experience with growth marketing and experimentation
- Expertise with email marketing tools such as Iterable, Marketing Cloud, Responsys, Eloqua, Pardot, or Marketo
- Fast but accurate execution—you can launch complex campaigns, drip programs, and list segmentation, without errors
- Strong analytical abilities; can analyze email engagement and down-funnel data to measure success and optimize campaigns
- Can write compelling email content that drives action
- Has worked cross-functionally with sales and customer success teams
- Knowledgeable about SaaS products, B2B marketing, and freemium business models
Back to top