- Vancouver, Canada
We are looking for a collaborative teammate to join our team, working with both Vancouver Product teams and the rest of the Data team, located in San Francisco and New York. The Data Team works closely with our product, customer success, and sales teams; we help ask questions the right way, and then find those answers.
This role will support the Revenue Data Science Team. Our mission is to develop a deep understanding of revenue drivers across the customer lifecycle and use our expertise to help our cross functional partners create and execute on the product roadmap. As a Data Scientist on this team, you will focus on revenue expansion. You will contribute to our understanding with strategic analysis, support product execution by running and analyzing experiments, and build productionized models that help us make better decisions.
What you’ll achieve
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new product features
- Investigating high-level questions like “What are the collaborative patterns of the most successful teams using Asana?”
- Adding new metrics and aggregations to our data warehouse to make new classes of questions answerable
- Building models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive technical product development and decision-making
- Strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL
- Expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
- Familiarity with distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Redshift)
- Background in advanced statistical modeling (e.g. GLM, mixed effects) and/or machine learning
- Experience collaborating with teammates in other locations
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top