- New York, NY
Data Scientist (NY)
The Data Science team works closely with our product, customer success, and sales teams; we work to make sure teams are asking the right questions and then find those answers. Our data informs us of the impact we are having on the world, and our team is crucial to architecting and building our data infrastructure. We also design and use data analysis tools that increase our data’s scalability, accuracy, and accessibility. We understand our company’s goals and proactively inform their direction with data so that our product can help more teams do great things.
As a Data Scientist at Asana, you’ll help us ask the right questions and answer them rigorously. You’ll work closely with our Product and Business teams to understand their goals and proactively inform their direction with data. You’ll keep taking on new responsibilities as you grow—from defining core metrics to building machine learning models and keeping the data flowing in our pipelines.
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new product features
- Investigating high-level questions like “What are the collaborative patterns of the most successful teams using Asana?”
- Adding new metrics and aggregations to our data warehouse to make new classes of questions answerable
- Building models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive technical product development and decision-making
- Strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL
- Expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
- Experience with distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Redshift)
- Background in advanced statistical modeling (e.g. GLM, mixed effects) and/or machine learning (e.g. clustering, classifiers, neural networks)
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top