- San Francisco, CA
You will be a part of our global legal team that works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana’s ambitious mission of enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. We’re a tight-knit, collaborative group responsible for supporting all teams throughout the organization to ensure they have the resources they need to be successful while likewise protecting Asana’s core values and interests. We run ideas past each other, we problem-solve together, we partner with other groups to navigate them through challenging issues, and we’re growing our team.
Specifically, we’re looking for a San Francisco-based Commercial Contracts Manager. This role requires someone skilled at supporting multiple teams across a business with a wide variety of commercial contracts, who can also think strategically about how to scale our legal services during a period of high growth. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues with the opportunity for advancement and personal development. You will report directly to the Head of Commercial Legal.
What you’ll achieve
- Work closely with our in-house attorneys and legal operations team to manage the contract review process for a variety of commercial contracts, including NDAs, Order Forms, MSAs, statements of work, and data processing addendums.
- Maintain Asana’s contract management system and implementation and enforcement of contract policies.
- Provide guidance to cross-functional teams on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms and general contractual questions.
- Review requests to modify contracts, while working with internal business partners to negotiate terms and obtain approvals for modifications as required.
- Draft and revise contract wording while assessing risk and providing recommendations to protect Asana’s interests.
- Support the business and legal team members on legal review for Request for Proposal (RFPs), security questionnaires, and a variety of other customer-driven requests.
- Assist with efforts to improve and coordinate continuing education, online resources and training programs for Asanas.
- Be a champion for a better, faster and simpler way of doing things.
- Apply original, innovative thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems, and services and manage change to better service customer needs.
- At least 8-10 years experience in contracts manager or similar roles
- Law degree preferred
- Prior experience working in a technology company
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally and preferably with sales, finance and marketing teams
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to communicate issues in a straightforward, understandable manner
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top