Community Marketing Program Manager, Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
Asana has grown to millions of users across 195 countries worldwide. Our rapid growth is due, in part, thanks to the word-of-mouth of our community of customer advocates. Asana’s community team brings customers and Asana together to deepen connection (between them and Asana, and to each other), engagement (education, empowerment, and enjoyment), and advocacy (word-of-mouth awareness-building and referrals) to enhance and reflect customer love and build our business.
As Community Program Manager, Japan, you’ll be responsible for growing the Asana Together community program regionally by creating and executing region-specific recruiting, activation, engagement and retention programs for members, engaging with Japanese customers in our community forum, and for hosting events to energize local customer communities. You’ll have the opportunity to work with our internal community, marketing, and sales teams, our regional customers, large-brand partners and their communities, and experiment with new channels, methods and incentives for expanding and activating the Asana community in Japan.
This role reports to Asana’s Head of Global Community who is based in San Francisco.
What you’ll achieve:
- Source, research, and recruit Japan-based participants into the Asana Community Program, including (but not limited to) online recruiting, partner relationships, direct customer contact, and coordinating online and offline events.
- Research, recommend and produce region-specific resources, marketing campaigns, content and events for ongoing recruitment, activation, engagement and retention of community audiences.
- Manage daily regional community operations, including working with regional community members and moderating our Japanese community forum.
- Support Asana Community Program members in hosting their own events, including content, venue, and promotion guidance.
- Manage coordination of Asana-hosted event conceptualization, program and speakers, venue/platform, sponsors, vendors, and promotion for online and offline events.
- Monitor and report on success metrics, including program efficacy, ROI and business impact.
- Gather feedback and insights from program members to inform marketing and product strategies and partnership opportunities.
- Above all, you love people (and especially customers). You love what they say. You love to be inspired by their stories. You can’t wait to engage with them every day.
- Understand motivations for people to become part of the Asana Community Program, and build our programs to best meet their needs, engage them, and help them perform within it.
- Be able to understand and establish value for community programs and track and report on success from them.
- Creative and analytical, you inspire others to work collaboratively towards shared and tracked objectives, across functions and geographies.
- Well-spoken, professional, and comfortable in front of any audience as you’ll be representing the Asana brand.
- You are curious and listen well, absorbing different views and capturing diverse requirements before actively setting a course and charging forward.
- Able to manage deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic and increasingly global environment.
- Strong project management skills, accustomed to working to a budget and within strict timelines.
- Event planning and management experience including planning and executing events at a variety of scales, including offline and online, such as workshops and trainings, meetup groups, trade shows, roadshows, executive programs and large-scale conferences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as you’ll likely be creating content (both on your own and in conjunction with other teams).
- Problem solver with a global mindset.
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and ready to jump on new projects and opportunities (even if loosely defined out of the initially defined job scope).
- BA or BS degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years in partner marketing, community marketing or B2B marketing (SaaS).
- Fluent in written and spoken Japanese and English.
- Ability to travel regionally and globally periodically.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
Back to top