Launched commercially in 2012, Asana has emerged as the leader in the work management category. Our success is linked to our culture, employees, and commitment to our mission: to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s unique business model and disciplined sales approach enables us to build a user-driven marketing and sales engine that can scale quickly and effectively. We have experience at the forefront of bottom-up enterprise software sales, helping customers scale from initial adoption to large, high-impact deployments.
We are looking for a Commercial Expansion Account Executive to join our San Francisco-based team who is driven, hard-working, and adaptable. This role will be instrumental in powering the Asana revenue engine through innovation & energy, consistently scaling our business and maximizing value for our customers. You'll join a talented team focused on helping our future Commercial customers understand and leverage the power of Asana.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Proactively manage a portfolio of commercial customers, serving as their main point of contact
- Hunt and close expansion opportunities within your book of business (up-sell, cross-sell)
- Leverage your customer relationships to ensure successful renewals
- Develop customer champions to expand usage within new teams and departments
- Engage with executive and IT contacts to deploy Asana wall-to-wall
- Experiment with new processes and revenue streams that scale across Asana globally
- 2-3+ years closing experience in an sales role (previous SaaS experience a plus)
- Experience up-selling, cross-selling, and hunting new business
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, and integrity
- Ability to set repeatable processes that support a high volume of customer interactions
- Full sales-cycle management skills, from prospecting to close
- Ability to advocate equally for the user and Asana in overcoming challenges
- Adaptable to changing conditions
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Salesforce and/or Outreach.io proficiency
- Experience during the scaling of a software or SaaS sales organization
Asana enables millions of teams around the world to achieve their goals together, from small projects to strategic initiatives. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace by Fortune, Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Built In for our inclusive culture that drives business results. After spending more than two years physically distanced, we're safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, adding more flexibility to our office-centric hybrid culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.