Business Technology Developer - Business Intelligence
The Business Technology team at Asana, which encompasses Business Systems and Business Intelligence, provides our Business and Operations teams (including Sales, Marketing, Customer Operations, Finance, Recruiting) with the tools, data, and insights to help maximize the impact our company can have on the world.
We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Developer passionate about how our business operates, from finance to sales, marketing, recruiting and customer support. You will develop a deep understanding of many of our most important business processes, including our monetization model, sales playbook, marketing automation, and financial metrics reporting.
The right candidate has a unique mix of technical skills and business-process savvy who can not only understand our business and what is important, but can also proactively develop and maintain tools, automation, and analytics to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
- Empower Asana’s business and operations teams to engage with customers, track growth, and grow the business by building cutting-edge tools, integrations, and dashboards
- Build and maintain data pipelines to keep our business systems for customer relationship management, marketing automation, and customer support in sync with our product data warehouse
- Work cross-functionally with different teams and on different projects as required, and with other Business Technology teammates to support shared systems, data, and infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in engineering, computer science, finance, math, economics, statistics, or a similar quantitative or technical field
- 2+ years of experience handling large volumes of data and building scalable, testable ETL systems
- 2+ years of experience creating reports, visualizations, and dashboards using industry-standard Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy)
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably including Python
- Strong technical aptitude, with a high ceiling for further growth
- Able to discern and empathize with internal stakeholders’ pain points and needs, and meet those needs with concrete solutions
- Fast and adaptable, able to thrive in a dynamic startup environment and derive priorities, requirements, and goals from company context
- Working knowledge of basic statistical concepts and data analysis best practices
- Experience in the enterprise/B2B SaaS industry
- Experience with SaaS payment processing tools (e.g. Recurly, Stripe)
- Experience with third-party integration platforms (e.g. Snaplogic, Mulesoft)
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
Back to top