We are looking for a Techno-Functional Business Systems Analyst for Record to Report to join our Business Technology Team (BizTech). You will develop, drive, and create system advances for Record to Report processes in accordance with industry Best Practices and the needs of individual Finance teams.
The Business Technology team is responsible for delivering scalable efficient processes, infrastructure, applications technology and data insights that help Asana achieve its mission. We partner across the company to drive transformations that result in growing our business, organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
You will have strong business acumen, data and technology experience in addition to possessing excellent strategy, business partnering and collaboration skills. You take the initiative to identify high impact projects and work cross functionally to execute and realize Asana’s business strategy. In this role you are overseeing a mission-critical part of the company, responsible for scaling our ERP by partnering across the company.
What you'll do...
- Design, architect and continuously enhance Record to Report related processes in NetSuite
- Lead requirements workshops to translate business requirements into innovative and built for purpose solutions.
- Create accurate and clear Functional/Technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
- Ensure that the Netsuite remains operational as per defined internal SLAs. Have expert skills in triaging and troubleshooting issues for quick resolution.
- Possess NetSuite administrator-level knowledge of roles, permissions and dashboards, including exceptional custom report and saved search experience applying formula/SQL driven outputs
- Manages multiple streams of work, actively communicating progress, roadblocks, and next steps, as well as follows best practices for testing, development, deployment, and implementation.
- Partner with the cross functional teams including Finance and Accounting, Internal Audit & Compliance and Product to drive business value with automations and streamlining Record to Report related processes
- Act as an owner and ultimate escalation point for the systems you build and maintain
- Ensure the highest level of data accuracy and compliance in financial systems as per SoX guidelines and internal/external audit requirements
- Partner with Internal Audit and Compliance teams on driving SoX compliance, helping with SoD analysis, ITGC, role design and compliance reporting
Who you are...
- Preferably a BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or CPA or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience hands on experience implementing and supporting NetSuite ERP or related systems like Oracle or SAP Financials
- 5+ years experience with Finance and accounting principles, including GL, Sub Ledgers (AP/AR), Multi-Entity Consolidation and Asset Accounting
- NetSuite Administrator Certification required
- Preferred experience with integrating NetSuite with Salesforce, Zuora, Coupa and Vertex
- Nice to have experience with surround applications like Blackline, Workiva and FastPath
- SQL database experience required, familiarity with database extraction tools is required.
- You are highly collaborative and can operate with cross functional teams like Finance, Accounting, Sales, Product Engineering and others to improve the core Finance processes for Record to Report, Procure to Pay and Order to Cash
- Knowledge of and experience with Revenue Recognition business processes (ASC 606 principles)
- You are an expert problem solver and have the ability to identify, find creative solutions and resolve problems proactively
- A positive growth mindset. Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve. We’re looking for lifelong learners
- Capable of decomposing a big vision into bite-size milestones and be agile in execution to create faster value
- Effective influencer and communicator across teams and at all levels
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up skills
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to work tasks
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.