Business Intelligence Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Asana is looking for a focused, experienced Business Intelligence Manager. You’ll manage the day to day work of a team of smart and experienced BI Developers, looking for opportunities to remove blockers and grow their skills. Your hands on experience and eye for detail will help drive project success and analytics trust across the organization. You’ll work directly with business stakeholders to address their needs and react quickly to changes. You’ll be a key contributor to the Business Technology roadmap.
What you’ll achieve
- Ensure Business Intelligence team’s execution on projects, strategic initiatives, and operational responsibilities with the highest level of accuracy and reliability.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of BI developers and analysts.
- Hold the team to a high standard using code reviews, design docs, and incident post-mortems. Set realistic goals, then guide and mentor the team to reach them.
- Develop and extend operational processes to ensure consistent delivery of actionable data and insights to Asana stakeholders and decision makers.
- Maintain and expand data quality processes: monitoring, quality checks, alerting.
- Manage on-call process for consistent coverage and timely issue resolution
- Collaborate with stakeholders, project management team, and BI team to drive requirements and resource scope for new projects
- Manage BI team sprint cadence and twice yearly planning cycle
- 7+ years in analytics, business intelligence, data engineering, or related field, with:
- 4+ years direct people management of technical resources
- 3+ years of operational responsibility in ETL, data pipeline, data engineering, or related
- Strong business and analytics experience building and supporting high performance data models, visualizations and KPIs for Sales, Marketing or Finance functions
- Proven track record in developing technical skills sets and preparing technical contributors for the next level.
- Expert hands on SQL in at least one major Data Warehouse technology such as Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, Teradata, Hive
- Experience is converting data to insights and metrics from business systems like Salesforce, Marketo, ZenDesk, NetSuite, Zuora
- Expert data pipeline development experience in Python or equivalent
- Experience with cloud-based visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Periscope
- Fanatical attention to detail with a positive can-do attitude.
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top