Business Intelligence Developer
Asana is home to problem solvers and creative thinkers from across the globe who are dedicated to helping teams achieve their goals. We’re looking for extraordinary people to share their experience and expertise. Searching for your dream job? At Asana, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us and help shape the future of work.
Asana’s Business Technology team is looking for a Business Intelligence Developer passionate about how our business operates, from finance to sales, marketing, recruiting and customer support. You will develop a deep understanding of many of our most important business processes, including our monetization model, sales playbook, marketing automation, and financial metrics reporting.
The right candidate has a unique mix of technical skills and business-process savvy who can not only understand our business and what is important, but can also proactively develop and maintain tools, automation, and analytics to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
- Design and develop end to end scalable analytical solutions with our internal BI tools and Looker.
- Model product and business data in our data warehouse for the efficient use of both technical and non-technical users
- Develop complex SQL queries, scripts, user defined functions, views and triggers for business logic implementation
- Perform hands-on design, development, configuration and testing of BI reports and dashboards for new and existing business metrics
- Simplify complex business problems and extract insights from large data sets
- Analyze the impact of changes on existing metadata, dashboards and reports and ensure the compatibility with goals in all areas
- Participate in design reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to predefined project goals and requirements
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners in Sales, Sales Operations, Finance and Marketing teams
- Participate in data strategy and roadmap exercises, business intelligence/data warehouse product selection, design and implementation
- At least 6 years of hands-on experience in BI Development/Data Integration/Data Modeling
- Experience in design or development of enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations
- Ability to write complex SQL, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc.
- Advanced data visualization skills using any technology
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and advantages & disadvantages of different types of systems (OLAP, OLTP, etc.).
- Expertise with business intelligence solutions, such as Looker, Tableau, and Microstrategy
- Extensive knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data Marts and reporting objects such as facts, dimensions, relationships, hierarchies, and calculations.
- Ability to lead own projects and work independently once given a direction
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in engineering, computer science, finance, math, economics, statistics, or a similar quantitative or technical field
- Experience in Python scripting for ETL development and data munging & analysis
- Working knowledge of basic statistical concepts and data analysis best practices
- Familiarity with MPP systems (Redshift, Snowflake etc.)
- Experience in the enterprise/B2B SaaS industry
- Experience with SaaS payment processing tools (e.g. Recurly, Stripe) is a plus
- Experience with third-party integration platforms (e.g. Snaplogic, Mulesoft) is a plus
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
Back to top