Associate Product Manager
Product Manager, Performance San Francisco, CA
The product management (PM) team works cross-functionally to help build out Asana's vision. We're responsible for our product from strategy to execution, and we work alongside our designers, engineers, founders, user operations team, sales team, marketing team, and other PMs to build a great product. We drive more than the work: From leading the team to setting the roadmap, we take part in every step of development, launching, and beyond.
Making Asana fast is our number one priority. We strongly believe (and have data to support) that improving performance is one of the best ways to drive growth. As Performance PM, you'll be responsible for making product decisions and executing at a high level to deliver major performance improvements to customers, with the ambitious goal of knocking performance off of our customers' list of top priorities.
- Lead multiple performance teams across product and infrastructure to deliver large performance wins quickly, and then continue to lead performance efforts over the long term.
- Partner cross-functionally to reduce risk, navigate dependencies, support feature teams in keeping Asana fast, and ensure customer facing teams have the information they need.
- Multiple years of experience as a Technical Product Manager, or equivalent experience working with multiple, interdependent engineering teams on complex problems.
- Good technical understanding of the web stack. Comfortable getting into deep technical discussions with engineers about the pros and cons of different approaches.
- Strong communicator across different audiences and communication styles. Can simplify tough problems and explain them to a non-technical audience.
- Dig deep to make sure we're solving root problems and ensure we're thinking about process and systems in scalable and maintainable ways.
- Love working with technical teams to make a big impact and are excited to own performance for the long haul.
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we'd love to see what you might add to our team.
Meet Some of Asana's Employees
Jack bridges communication across Asana teams to build its quality products. He interfaces with all internal departments and makes sure the things he builds align with the company goals.
Back to top