Accounts Receivable Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
Asana is building a world class Accounting team who will help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. Asana has a high volume of billing transactions, so technical ability is important as we connect the dots systematically between billing systems, ERP, payment processors, and our product. We’re scaling our order-to-cash process globally and this role is crucial to its success!
We’re looking for a partner to our Finance, Sales, and User Operations teams who will build out our Accounts Receivable (AR) function to continue to meet the demands of our growing business. The ideal candidate is accurate and detail oriented. You will have a knack for improving processes and creating efficiencies. You will have exceptional communication skills and a comfort speaking directly to customers to resolve issues and ensure the timely payment of invoices. You will be very organized and capable of managing large volumes of transactions.
The Asana Accounting team is driven to do great things, fast, but accurately. We seek to implement best in class processes to meet ever-changing business needs while always ensuring accurate financial reporting. We aim to be great business partners that enable all Asana teams to successfully complete company goals as we strive to achieve Asana’s ambitious mission: enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Daily application of customer invoice payments in the form of check, ACH, and wire
- Implement AR lock box and related automation into our ERP
- Work in coordination with Sales and our external collections agency to obtain payments on all open invoices with an emphasis on balances 60 days outstanding
- Assist in the customer onboarding process through processing customer credit checks and completion of supplier forms
- Assist in billing-related customer queries cross-functionally and work closely with the customers directly or internally with our Sales, Legal and User Operations team
- Perform monthly analysis on aged receivables and related bad debt
- Assist in audit related requests including confirmations of Accounts Receivables
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and enhance documentation and controls.
- Ad hoc projects as they arise across various teams.
- Be flexible in a constantly changing and high growth business environment!
- Minimum of 4+ years Accounts Receivable experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar, CPA a plus
- Strong aptitude and proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication and willingness to call customers to resolve outstanding balances
- Process oriented with an appreciation for financial controls
- Experience with NetSuite and Zuora a plus
- Experience with multi-currency a plus
- Comfortable working with Macbooks
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Back to top